Get excited, because the Global Opportunities Fair returns on Monday, September 16th! We’ll be in Baker Ballroom from 11-4, where students can explore over 50 tables of global programs, affiliate providers, and travel resources. If you have any interest in studying, volunteering, or interning abroad, the GOFair is the best way for you to explore your options!
For the third year in a row, the Office of Global Opportunities will also be doing a social media scholarship raffle, in which five attendees will each win a scholarship worth up to $2,000! To enter, all you have to do is follow the steps below—no essays, no applications—just free money! Winners will be announced later that week and will work with OGO to promote study away programs.
If you’re still not convinced, here are some of our staff’s reasons for why you should attend:
- “I found the GO Fair was a great way to literally browse through the OHIO credit programs, plus whenever I had a question about one, I could ask and get an answer right then and there. The same was true of the affiliate tables- I could go and ask questions and gather information through conversation. Being face-to-face with program advisors and students and seeing all their fun displays and things is also just a fun experience and a good way to get excited about study abroad.”
- “The GOFair opened my eyes to so many new possibilities. I had no idea that many programs existed.”
- “I actually met my program leader at the Global Opportunities Fair, and the details and answers that he could give me, that weren’t available on the website, put the magic in it for me. It’s something different to hear the grandeur of the place I wanted to go, as compared to just reading about the class offerings.”
- “The Fair allows students to see not only that can they do a Semester in London, but they can also spend Winter Break in Belize doing service learning or Summer in Ecuador supporting research initiatives. There’s something for every major, budget, and set of goals – the Fair is a true testament to that!”
- “It helps put a face to the name of a program. Talking with program directors and past participants helps you get a feel for what studying abroad is actually like.”
- “I didn’t realize that there were shorter programs until I went to the GOFair! I had always wanted to study abroad, but didn’t know how to pay for it or fit it in my schedule. I’ve done two spring break trips through OGO now, and they’ve actually put me ahead of schedule.”
- “If you’re still on the fence about studying abroad, the Fair will completely sway you. It’s the only opportunity you’ll have all year to see all of the vast and varied choices you have for going abroad. You can also meet with students who’ve been in your shoes, wondering what their next adventure will be. “
- “We are giving away ten THOUSAND dollars in scholarship money, and all you have to do is enter a social media raffle. You’d be crazy not to enter.”
If none of those changed your mind, at least stop by for a free Insomnia cookie! We promise you won’t regret it.